Somebody put something in my drink

Wednesday, October 29








This life is over-rated, you all know it. There are times when you're left without a piece of land to step on. In short, you feel like shit.
This is when I find asylum in music.. It works just like a drug - you get high then you pass out without having to worry about the goddamn world. and the good thing about music is that there are no health hazards and you don't have to sell your farm to get a shot of it.

Here are some songs that've been occupying my playlist lately - good stuff to put you to sleep.


Drugs Don't Work (The Verve) - but this song will. Richard Ashcroft's voice works just like a lullaby. Listen to this song and you'll know why I'm so in love with The Verve.

Everybody Hurts (REM) - Just the song you need when shit hits the fan. REM wrote this song when he lost his dearest friend. The music is powerful and the lyrics are full of hope, urging you to live, and move on.. love it.

My Immortal (Evanescence) - poignant lyrics and nostalgic music, add to that Amy Lee's perfect voice - works like marijuana!

Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd) - It doesn't take a minor scale to sound sad.

BitterSweet Symphony (The Verve) - One of the greatest songs in my life, and one i'll never get tired of listening to!

Sooner or Later (Switchfoot) - "come back and haunt me...", exactly what it does. nostalgic at its best!

Heart-Shaped Box (Nirvana) - One of the first songs that I learned to play on my guitar. hate the video but love the music to the core.

Coil (Opeth) - easily one of the best songs I've ever heard. Opeth could be this mellow.. who knew?

December (Collective Soul) - a tune that brings back memories! Whatever happened to Collective Soul? they were hot!

Ana's song (Silverchair) - though it's about anorexia, what it invokes in me is a familiar emotion sickness.


Too mellow?
I don't know.. Normally I would be banging my head to Pantera's "Walk" or Children of Bodom's "Everytime I Die", but now I don't think my head's in a mood to fly.
Life's gaping at me like a gigantic toilet seat, threatening to flush me down its depths of despair..
OMG I'm getting too poetic! It all comes natural now but I know I'll hate myself for writing this later... but what the heck, all I wanna do now is pass out :(

9 comments:

Mickel said...

Collective Soul is still around, they went independent and have been laying low playing in small venues. We are working on promoting them and changing that. :) They are rereleasing their latest album on Dec 9th with 3 bonus tracks (the initially released it at Target and iTunes only) and are supposed to be coming out with a new album before next summer. Come check out our fan and street team website at www.collectivesouldiers.com

donna m said...

you name some songs that have haunted/helped me as well - Evanescence, The Verve, and yes, the same Collective Soul song too. And yes, they're still around. Just saw them in concert in February in a small venue which enabled me to be second row from the stage and not get crushed, and not stand in line for two days. It was amazing.

KAT said...

I hope these songs help you and keep meaning something to you long after this feeling has passed.

I am still thinking of you both, my heart goes out to you!

Take care my friend!

bigbear6208 said...

just wanted to say amazing photo

Amazing said...

I've seen Collective Soul 3 times this year. Each time I see them is like the first time. They put on such a fabulous show. All the guys are always energetic and know how to please their fans.
They've been playing smaller venues of late and that makes for a really intimate, rockin' show.

Marcuss said...

Your list of songs is great. I love the verve man. Try massive attacks teardrop for a more depressing sound.

johnlazy said...

wow nice blog very emotional

Lorelei said...

Pretty good, it is so mellow, but a nice blend. I do hope you feel better soon, I meant to tell ya I was sorry about your loss but got caught up in some BC drama. Take care!

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

I love Pink Floyd too. :D

Life is overrated and that's why we need a spiritual side. You find that in music. Cool!!!

Great post and photo!!!

JJ