Play "Happy Birthday to you" on Guitar

Saturday, October 10









Here's a little something you can do to make someone feel really special on their birthday.
wanted to do this for someone I really prized, but it didn't happen, thanks to my shit life..

anyway, I'm gonna write a simple guide so you can call up someone on their birthday and play this for them even if you aren't a guitar virtuoso..

besides, its a really simple tune.



what you'll need:

* a guitar ( a REAL one, not the one that came free with your cereal box)

* a little credit on your mobile phone

* you should be able sing it without making them hang up (you can croak and they wont even notice cause they'll be listening to the guitar anyway ;)



Ok here's what it looks like:


G D
Happy birthday to you
D G
Happy birthday to you
G C
Happy birthday to dear name
C G
Happy birthday to you



I've made a Guitar Pro tab of the song, and also a MIDI file so you can hear what it sounds like.
Download them here: Happy Birthday Guitar Chords (mediafire link)

check this link for help with the chords: The open guitar chords

hope this helps :)

8 comments:

UTP said...

hehe... i would rather sing it... no guitars...

Dodo said...

:)

Anthony said...

The real guitar killed me! :P LOL

Yeah, I want a razer too :( No money!

Sorcerer said...

I play with guitar..not play it..but ..good info

mantiz said...

@ all above
:)

@ Sorcerer
OMG dude you sound like a pervert! :P

Garima Bhatia said...

yeaaa..I have experienced it, two of my crazy friends called me up on my bday and one taught the other on conference call to sing me bday wishes..
I have a guitar at my place..but never tried it!

void_spaces said...

nice one !

† Chris † said...

I had never try to play it before xD

But I will...

See you