Rock in Peace \m/

Tuesday, April 5






The 5th of April. A day that marks the demise of two of the greatest personalities in Grunge music. And I felt I had to share something here, cause these guys have been a huge inspiration for me



Kurt Cobain


Perhaps the first name that comes into your mind when you hear the word 'Grunge'. That familiar figure brooding over an acoustic guitar, a burning cigarette to his lips, who truly showed the world that "it's better to burn out than to fade away".
The musical genius came to an end on this day, 17 years back. But still his musical legacy lives on.
Cobain's suicide note is a must read for every indiidual.





Layne Staley


One of my favorite vocalists of all time, Staley delivers with so much power and emotion in his voice that it makes the hair at the back of your neck stand up.
Sadly we lost this man to drug abuse. It's been nine years, Alice in Chains is reformed and is still making good music, but it misses the emotional edge that they had when Staley was at the mic.
I do pop in an AIC record once in a while and wallow myself in the goodness of music that's so hard to find today. Alice in Chains will always be a favorite to me and Staley, you will be missed!
Have fun jammin in heaven with Kurt, Ronnie, and the greats! \m/

0 comments: